Monday, August 15, 2011

Broken Pieces

It is a terrible thing to feel like you're not wanted. But it is far worse when someone only wants bits and pieces of you. There is a great sense of loss in knowing that someone craves the insignificant parts; chip..chip...chipping away; breaking off insignificant parts until a significant amount of you is gone. Now you are left with a gaping hole, living life desperately trying to conceal how exposed you are. A secret known only to you. But like film--in the process of developing--will be destroyed when brought to the light before the process is complete.
A man that I thought I loved walked out of my life (again). I was worried that he was the best that I would get so I started second guessing the good that could be seen in his absence. I focused on my loneliness instead of focusing on the alone time that could potentially help me. I became desperate for this man's attention until God helped me to realized I deserve so much more; regardless of how good looking he was, how much money he made, or how often he went to church.
So before that thing (that un-ordained relationship) could be completed, the Light of God's glory and His love showed me that it shall not be so. It didn't make any sense to me then but now....wow. I have never been so glad to have someone out my life.
Let us always remember our worth and smile. Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies (Proverbs 31:10 KJV).

1 comment: