Thursday, August 11, 2011

The hardest thing for me, as a Christian is smiling when I don't feel like it. We all experience difficult seasons and I understand that our conditions are not what make us. I know that our environment should not affect us because strength comes from within. Yet, as I am dealing with multiple challenges, I don't want to smile through the tears. I want to cry, eat cake and go to bed...I also understand that's my flesh.

Health issues, financial issues, job issues--all fell on me like a ton a bricks at the exact same time. I still believe God is able; I know that all of these things are working for my good. I WILL NOT complain. Instead I withdraw and wait. I need to be left alone to keep from lashing out or allowing what I'm going through to negatively affect others.

The thing is...I know that all of these issues are about to turn around. I think it was the late Bishop G.E. Patterson who said that when the devil knows that God is about to evict him from your situation, that Satan is going to attempt to cause as much trouble as he can on the way out.

So I'm still working on that "in spite of smile" but I feel confident that God is okay with that because even though I'm not smiling, I'm not doubting. Job said it best: all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come (Job 14:14).

No comments:

Post a Comment