I come from a legacy of classy, nurturing, strong women. My mother is wonderful, my paternal grandmother was wonderful. And the grandmother that I never had the pleasure of meeting has also been described as wonderful. Now my family isn't perfect and that is not the picture that I am painting. There are some who like to drum up drama but it usually doesn't get very far because the good women outweigh the bad ones.
I've always heard other women say, "That's why I don't deal with females." Yet I could never quite relate. My best relationships are with "females." It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I realized some girls never mature. They just become bigger girls; stuck in a box of wanting what they think others have and resenting them for it (be it openly or secretly). Even then, I still couldn't relate but I now understand why some women would choose this way of thinking. I always feel in my spirit when I've been lied on, lied to, or misrepresented to others by women imposing as my friends. Yet I remember God's grace to me, so I extend that same grace towards them.
As women we must realize that we are better together. A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken (Ecclesiastes 4:12 NLT). Let us turn away from reality television shows that foster destructive relationships among us and turn towards God. May we learn to pray for our sisters and ourselves and ask Him to straighted the crooked places in us (Isaiah 45:2) and to turn our hearts of stone into hearts of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26). We were designed to nurture--not just children and a husband,--but each other.
We cannot avoid small minded women. They are on our jobs; the mothers of our children's friends; in our families; and yes, even in our church. It is difficult and heartbreaking to experience jealousy, backbiting, and backstabbing. And it always seems the opportunity to retaliate is readily available when it comes to being mishandled by these women. At times like this, I remember: Do not say I will recompense evil; Wait for the Lord and He will save you (Proverbs 20:22 NLT). My friend (another one of those wonderful women whom I am blessed to know) told me that the Lord will fight better than I can ever imagine. This morning, listening to my pastor on the radio, the same sentiment was expressed: The Lord will fight for you.
As I was driving and listening the Lord said: You cannot stoop to their level because I am taking you higher. Difficult women are placed in our lives for two reasons: as an opportunity to witness or to build our character in adversity.
These lyrics just popped in my head so I'll leave you with this: I need you/You need me/We're all a part of God's body/Stand with me, agree with me/We're all a part of God's body/It is His will that every need be supplied/You are important to me/I need you to survive.

Omg! I so needed this today. Right On Time! Thanks
ReplyDeleteThanks! Glad you enjoyed it
DeleteExcellent!!!!!
ReplyDeleteELW