Friday, April 13, 2012

Great Expectations

I was looking forward to April because I was waiting to share a post that I felt was long overdue. But when I logged on to complete it, I got nothing; not one single word. I decided to log out and return to it later. Well, "later" is now and still....nothing. I am moved to go in a completely different direction. A spirit of expectation is consuming me today. This morning, while quietly going about my business, I almost lost it. I felt like running laps around the building--inside and outside. I looked up at a note taped to my cubicle wall written on February 5, 2009:

  • The word for today is FAITH. Whatever God has promised or whatever you have asked according to His will is GOING TO HAPPEN. Regardless of what it looks like right now, it's GOT to happen. So if there's something that you want, ask in faith and let it go. If there's something you're still waiting on, keep waiting in faith. GOD HASN'T FORGOTTEN, YOU'RE STILL ON HIS MIND
We are constantly told to prepare for war in the time of peace but I'm telling you today: prepare for abundance in your time of lack. Prepare for promises manifested. Prepare to excel to the next level in every area of your life. To borrow from a  song, "Expect Your Great." Last month, I told you how I have come to understand the difference between giving up and surrendering. So, for this feeling to rise up at this time, during this moment in my life, is all in order. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them (Romans 8:28 NLT).

I've been knocked down, trampled on and I've even had self inflicted wounds. But the beauty of all of that is it is all behind me. My mother has quoted Psalm 37:4 to me over and over: Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart (KJV). I used to think that if I did what I was supposed to do like be faithful and establish a routine of praying and studying my bible that I would get the things on my prayer list (which was really a wish list). I remember during a time of frustration, I cried out to God, "I've done what I was supposed to do; where's my stuff?!!" Well not exactly in those words but definitely in the sentiment. I finally took my eyes off of God's hands and started to seek His face. That's when life began to make sense.

I'm excited; for me and for you. We can't see, hear or understand what's in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment