Friday, June 3, 2011

I have a question for you: what's your excuse?

We all have something that we need to be doing or should be doing and we have a 1001 excuses as to why we are not doing this particular thing or things...I'm working; I'm too busy; I'm doing a lot of traveling; I keep oversleeping. There is always going to be an excuse as to why you have not done something. But the truth of the matter is we're not doing this particular thing (or things) because we simply don't want to. If we first admit that, then we can proceed to create the necessary steps to make whatever needs to happen, happen.

So why aren't you reading your bible? Or fasting and praying like you know you should?
Why aren't you attending Sunday School, Sunday service, or weekly bible study?
Why haven't you opened the savings account or improved your credit score?
Why are you not exercising and eating healthier than you do?
Why haven't you started that business, finished the book, or gone back to school?
WHY??

What's your excuse....there are about ten we can rattle off from the top of our heads. Well, at least I can. Now get down to the nitty gritty. What's the REASON?

Galatians 6:4-5 says, But let every man put to the proof his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For every man shall bear his own burden.

We are responsible for what we choose to do and not do. Are we prepared for the consequences? Case in point: I need to exercise but come up with all kinds of "reasons" why I don't. So I have to ask myself if I'm prepared to be overweight, develop serious health conditions such as diabetes, heart problems, even back, leg, and foot aches...I thought about it and as much as I hate to exercise and no matter how much I don't want to do it, I'm going to do it.

I want to challenge you to confront that thing that you’ve been putting off. God gives us new mercy with every new day so He's giving us a chance to fulfill purpose, to be whole in every area of our lives. For twenty-one days let’s challenge ourselves to break a bad habit and form a positive, new one. Who knows what God is preparing us to be ready for in the second half of 2011...or for the rest of our lives. J
Let’s go!

No comments:

Post a Comment