Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Yesterday...Today...Forever

This morning before I left the house I  prayed and anointed my ears (to guard what I hear), my temples (to guide my thoughts), my lips (to bridle my tongue), my hands (to direct my action), my feet (to order my steps) and my heart (to exemplify God's love). During my commute I started singing "A Praying Spirit" by The Clark Sisters. Actually I started singing the line "Lord, when I pray give me what to say" mainly because it is the only line I remember. While I can't remember the words of the song, I remember the message: we should want what God wants for us. Unfortunately, about halfway through my drive, I encounter an extremely slow driver which frustrated me so much that my heartbeat increased. I took a few deep breaths...after all, I had just sang about being more like God. As I neared street where my job is, it began to rain. I screamed. Where did this rain come from?! The clouds and overcast sky went over my head this morning. But, because God is so loving and so kind and gives us countless opportunities to keep our word, the rain stopped by the time I parked my car.

I arrive at work, get settled and  I become engrossed in a conversation after asking a question that I realized too late I didn't really want to hear the answer to. By mid morning, I knew that I needed something to get me back on track. I inserted my earphone and listened to my audio Bible. After absorbing a few books I switched to music and pulled "A Song of Consecration" by Ron Winans. I smiled, listening to the words, because I remember finally getting to that place of total, willful surrender...and it wasn't too long ago.

The last six months have been a learning experience. I have let go of things that I never thought I was strong enough to release. I have learned to choose my battles, increase my faith, walk in my anointing, and take things as they come. I still have moments of weakness. I mess up and sometimes fall short. But I visualize that place where I "denied myself and put my hand in [His]." I now stand still, amazed at how far I've travelled and excited about what's waiting for me down the road. I am at the place where my past is where it belongs: behind me. My present is being dealt with on a day to day basis, and my future--my BRIGHT future--is waiting for me.

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death; blessing and cursings; therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live (Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV).

We all have a past. Let us learn what is to be learned from it.
We all have a present. Let us consider it a gift.
We all have the hope of a future. Let us entrust it to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment