I don't know about anyone else, but I my 2011 wasn't at all what I thought it would be. One thing last year taught me was that sometimes, my plan of action isn't always the best plan of action. I had so many expectations this time last year. And it started off pretty good but somewhere around April things began to fall apart. I heard a mini sermon today on the radio that sounded so much like my life as it was in 2011. The speaker was talking about how we plan our lives according to our age. We expected to do XYZ by the time we're 25, 30, 40 and when those milestones pass and we haven't attained that thing or the things that we aspired to, we get confused and question God. She went on to point out that we fail because our plans aren't in line with God's plan. He tells us in Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” says the L
Now people love to quote the above scripture. Okay... I love to quote the above scripture. It's my favorite. It sounds good and it can fit any situation but today, I find myself looking back and knowing in my heart of hearts, that I never really hid this particular word in my heart. As I type, I'm realizing (God is revealing) that it's about trust. Trust that you are doing what you're supposed to be doing in this moment, on this day, for this year. Forget about everything else.
Right on time!
ReplyDelete